There are three methods for submitting grades electronically.
- Using the Gradebook tool in T-Square: You can submit grades directly from this tool, which includes two validation checks to help prevent problems:
- It checks that grades match the rubric the Registrar expects, e.g. letter grades or pass/fail
- It ensures that the Instructor of Record is submitting the grades
Detailed documentation follows:
- Using a tab-delimited file: You can also upload your grades from a tab-delimited spreadsheet using the Banner web interface. Here's how to access the interface:
- Navigate to http://oscar.gatech.edu
- Select "Secured Access Login"
- Login with your gtID# and Banner PIN#
- Select "Faculty Services"
- Select "Upload Your Grades From a File" (see below for two methods to create this file)
- Follow the prompts within the Banner Web interface from this point on
Creating the Tab-Delimited File
- If you've been using the Gradebook, you can export the tab-delimited file for uploading in the proper Banner format. See the last page of the "Electronic Submission of Grades using the Gradebook Tool" above for how to export your tab-delimited file.
- If you have been using Excel or other spreadsheet software to create your gradebook, then you will use it to create the tab-delimited file for uploading into Banner; make sure you follow the Banner instructions for proper formatting and naming columns.
- Using the Grades tool in T-Square: If you are using the new, Grades tool in T-Square, you can export a spreadsheet that can be uploaded using the Banner Web interface. The following document gives step-by-step directions for exporting your grades and formatting a spreadsheet that Banner can accept: